About the Doctor
Dr. Richard Esquivel, O.M.D., L.Ac., M.S.H.N.F.M.
- Dr. Esquivel has been actively practicing Functional Medicine from his Milpitas practice since 2009.
- He has a Master of Science degree in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine (MSHNFM) as well as certifications from major Functional Medicine-focused supplement suppliers and diagnostic laboratories.
- He has extensive training in Functional Blood Chemistry, Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders and Functional Endocrinology and Immunology.
- He has been successfully treating patients with a diverse range of chronic health conditions that had not responded well to conventional medical treatment.
- He currently serves on the Teaching Staff for a number of courses in the MSHNFM program at the University of Western States, Portland, Oregon.
- Dr. Esquivel has an extensive portfolio of testimonials supporting his success in using Functional Medicine in the treatment of a diverse range of chronic health conditions.
Master of Science degree in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine (University of Western States, Portland, Oregon)
Doctorate degree in Oriental Medicine (South Baylo University, Anaheim, CA)
Master degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine (Five Branches University, Santa Cruz, CA)
Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy (U.C. Berkeley, Berkeley, CA)
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Licensed Acupuncturist (California Acupuncture Board)
Diplomate of National Board of Acupuncture Orthopedics (Lerner Education/Cedars Sinai Medical Center)
Functional Medicine Diagnostics Certification (Genova Labs)
FirstLine Therapy (Therapeutic Lifestyle Change) Certification (Metagenics)
Acupuncture and Electroacupuncture: Evidence-Based Guidelines, CAOMA, 2004